Position: Interior Journalist Intern – Décorisk
Location: Panchkula, HR
Date: 26 October, 2022
LAST DATE OF APPLICATION: 4 Nov, 2022
If you have a basic knowledge of interior design and home décor, and have a passion for writing, this is the job for you. Décorisk invites interior designers, journalists, architects and content writers to join our editorial team.
About the Internship program
This will be 90 day long internship at Shilpa Ahuja Media where you would learn how to research, create high-quality work, SEO and more.
Interns will have the option to select their own topics to work on from a given pool of ideas, and will be able to create work under the guidance of our team. Our team will give them a step-by-step approach on how to create work suitable for a world-class digital publication, and help them improve it. Interns will also have the opportunity to give each other feedback on their work.
You’ll be required to work part-time (3-6 hours per day). Timings are flexible & days off may be granted for schoolwork or personal days. Please download the detailed Internship program here:
- The duties of Interior Journalist Intern include creating and publishing content, article writing, editing and proofreading, working on content strategies with the editor.
- Edit and build upon articles by guest authors, freelancers and/or interns.
- Curate and create impactful visuals & infographics that illustrate content.
- Write articles on interiors, vastu, home décor, furniture & accessories, lifestyle, etc.
- Curate news in the field of interiors.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new content ideas.
- SEO of new and existing articles.
- Drafting articles on WordPress
- 0-2 years of experience
- Students (3rd or final year) in interior design, architecture, B.Ed, M.Ed, Arts, Humanities or literature.
- Well-read and active on social media.
- Opinionated and bold in articulating their thoughts
- Good command over English.
- Should be a good time manager, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and willing to take responsibility for the website’s complete content.
- Article writing & research, content writing for the internet
- Communication/email/interviewing skills
- SEO, Keyword mining, trend research,
- Knowledge of graphic/image editing software, like Photoshop or similar online tools is required, and a graphic design skill is highly preferred.
- Photography is preferred
Our office is located in Vadodara, Gujarat. Our office hours are 10am to 6pm. This is a remote work from home internship with flexible hours.
Stipend & Certificate
Stipend is incentive based, depending on published articles (not submitted drafts). For publication, interns are responsible for completion of their articles including SEO, editing, revision & imagery.
Interns will get the opportunity to get their work published on Décorisk.com or other websites of our parent company, if it meets the journalistic quality standards.
You will receive written feedback from our team members to help you improve your work. Upon completion of the internship program, interns will receive a certificate of completion, and depending on your performance, a letter of recommendation or a job offer as a freelance contributor.
How to Apply
Please send your latest resume with 2-3 writing samples to [email protected].
Please also fill in BOTH the Google forms on our Careers page to complete your application.
Your resume, cover letter and most of all, writing sample(s) will be considered for review.
A writing sample can be on the topic of interior design, architecture, home décor, lifestyle or similar.
Creativity (use simple language but make it interesting)
Usefulness (it should be useful to the reader, not obvious), show your expertise, level of research
Word count: 400-700 words
Relevance to the given topics