Interior Design Content Writing Internships
Position: Interior Design Journalist Intern
Location: Panchkula, HR
Date: 26 December, 2021
If you have a passion for home décor and interior design, and love writing, this is the internship for you. Decorisk magazine invites interior designer bloggers, journalism students, and interior/ architectural writers to join our editorial team.
- The duties of Interior Design Journalist Intern include creating and publishing content, article writing, editing and proofreading.
- Reaching out to professionals in different fields and help share their work.
- Edit and build upon articles by guest authors, freelancers and/or other interns.
- Interview experts in the field.
- Curate and create impactful visuals & infographics that illustrate content.
- Research and write about different types of interior décor terms, furniture, upholstery, etc.
- Curate news in the field of interiors and architecture.
- Write stories that impact the profession of interior design.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new content ideas.
- SEO of new and existing articles.
- Drafting articles on WordPress.
- 0-1 year of experience/ freshers.
- College students (3rd or final year preferred) of Journalism, Mass Communication, interior design, architecture, B.Arch, B.Des, Arts, Humanities.
- Well-read and active on social media.
- Opinionated and bold in articulating their thoughts.
- Good command over English.
- Good team player.
- Should be a good time manager, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and willing to take responsibility for the website’s content.
- Article writing & research, content writing for the internet
- Communication/email/interviewing skills
- Photography is preferred
Our office is located in Panchkula, Haryana. Our office hours are 10am to 6pm. You’ll be working from home most of the time, and will report to the office twice a week or as required by editor for briefings, updates and meetings. Time off may be given for exams/personal days.
Remote interns and part-time interns can be considered. Candidates must have a laptop.
Internships are typically 3 months long, however, you may be granted an extension based on beed/merit.
Stipend is incentive based, depending on published articles (not submitted drafts); For publication, interns are responsible for completion of their articles including SEO, editing, revision & imagery; First assignment is unpaid.
Interns will also get the opportunity to get their work published on Decorisk.com or other websites of our parent company if selected, and if it meets the journalistic/quality standards.
You will receive written feedback from our team members to help you improve your work. Upon completion of the internship program, interns will receive a certificate of completion, and depending on your performance, a letter of recommendation.
Internships are a great way to learn new skills, improve your work under the guidance of experienced professionals, gain valuable work experience, build a resume, get references.
How to Apply
To be considered, please send in your resumes with 2 writing samples at contact(at)decorisk(dot)com or shilpaahujamedia(at)gmail(dot)com.
Tags: interior design writer freelancers, interior design content writing internships, careers, architecture blogging, home décor content creator intern, architectural content writing trainee